 Off-Topic / Geek / 1073
Re: AOL/Time Warner = The end of the internet as we know it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:49:20 GMT

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:21:41 GMT, "Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org>
wrote:

Check out this article for some scary predictions of what will happen when
AOL'ers get that high speed connection to the internet and start using it in
the same way the unsophisticated web user uses AOL.  Sending 30mb E-mails,
bombarding sites with traffic.

What will happen when that happens?

My prediction: core routers will implement IP-level filters on the
entire AOL domain.

Hey presto, no more problems.

And yes, I _know_ there are enough people who can and will do
something like that if it gets out of hand. Not to mention the legions
of hackers that will crack the core routers just to do this. Or to
randomly garble 1 in every 1000 bytes from there.

Jasper