 Off-Topic / Geek / 1065
Re: Help with Geocities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:50:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, James Powell writes:
Could someone help me?

I have a Geocities account
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049
if you want to check it out.  anyway, what I need help with is this:  I have a
video clip on the page right now, but I cannot get it to the right file name
(.exe) or figure out how to type in html to get it to play.  Could someone • give
me a hand with the HTML for it?

James P

Hi James,

I do have also a problem to upload .DAT & .MPD files.
Now i just found at there following page that they  *** don't support .CGI
& .EXE files for security reasons.***
For more information abouth the supported file name extensions, go to :
http://geocities.yahoo.com/main/info/system/filetypes.html

I mailed them with the request to support the .DAT & .MPD extensions too.
I hope to get a positive answer back.

Regards,
Ludo