 Off-Topic / Fun / 9667
Re: Happy Birthday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:47:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
And Elvis's birthday, too :)

Huh, it's not Elvis' Birthday, this is the day he died.

Yeah, I thought everyone knew that Elvis' birthday was January 8th.  That's
why the two-day holiday Elvis-Nixon Days is celebrated on January 8th & 9th.
Elvis was born on the 8th and Nixon was born on the 9th.

Of course, the other sacred Elvis-Nixon day is December 21st.  The day The
Meeting took place (in 1970).  To learn more about The Meeting go to this
National Archives page:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.html

So don't forget to celebrate Elvis-Nixon Days this coming January! It's the
first big holiday of the new year.

Enjoy!

Greg

A quote from a local radio personality that I thought was a bit humorous;

"I TURNED OFF CNN THIS MORNING after they ran that bit about Elvis
impersonators in Asia the 13th time.  I don’t give a damn about Elvis
impersonators.  Now --- if you can get one of these impersonators do a REAL
Elvis impersonation I might stay tuned.  Have the impersonator take about 60
pills … then feign his death while straining to stock the pond.  Hell, we
ought to make that one pay-per-view.  I see big bucks."

jt