 Off-Topic / Fun / 9664
Re: More train colour kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Over here we prefer to kick booty rather than botty,

booty
1. Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war.
2. Goods or property seized by force or piracy.
3. A valuable prize, award, or gain.

Okay, just don't kick it too hard.  It might be valuable.
I presume "arse" would have thrown up similar objections?

It's a UK-US thing, I guess.

Using either sense 1 or sense 3 (depending on your point of view, I
suppose), US meaning for booty now encompasses the posterior portion of the
anatomy, especially of the female persuasion. And yes, it's often considered
valuable. (do a google on "booty call", perhaps)