 Off-Topic / Fun / 9600
Re: Supertramp (was: Be careful ....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  (Say, what is it with Parsons and the "once-famous singer factor?"
  I mean, starting with Arthur Brown, and continuing through Leo Sayer
  to David Pack and Christopher Cross...)

Or Chris Thompson-- he sang with *everyone*!

For me, Eric Woolfson *made* the project what it was.  Though I still buy
the new ones without him, they can't match the ones with him writing and
singing.

But I must say, I wasn't too impressed with the soundtrack from his stage
version of "Gaudi"-- I liked the original a lot better.

  My copy has a strategically placed skip.  I'm going to test my
  Brasso out soon enough...

I don't come across many who even *know* who APP is much less are nuts about
them-- fun to know:-)

  Heh.  Now all I have to do is find a copy of the un-remastered
  "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to hear what it sounded like
  before it went back under the knife in the late 1980s.

On CD?  Didn't know one existed...  Say, have you heard "Keats"?  It's okay--
another attempt to fly without Eric, although he did mastermind the project
("Keats" is the name of his favorite restaurant).

Now, if you tell me that you love The New Christy Minstrels, I'll believe you
to be my long lost twin I never had;-D

-John