 Off-Topic / Fun / 9454
  Re: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)

(...) USians is the one I usually hear. (YooEssian) (...) No; America is "place of Amerigo;" if you have two continents, they become "the places of Amerigo," or "Americas." I guess maybe by the rules of Latin it might be "Americae" but I think (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)

(...) I stand corrected (I checked since for Portuguese too, in which case both terms can be used; traditionally, we did not refer to a separation between the two continents - now we apparently do) (...) That was before I was born! (J.B. Bokassa was (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)