 Off-Topic / Fun / 9331
Re: Sharing Good News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 00:17:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  In short, I'm now a Fulbright scholar.  This just came down the pike not
  an hour ago, and I'm totally swimming over it.  And to give a general idea
  of where LUGNET is on my list of priorities, only emails to my advisors
  and a call to my own mother came before posting this bit of news here.
  In a way, I feel like the continuing intellectual stimulation I get here
  is a huge part of the reason I was able to get the grant--LUGNET is, by
  far, the friendliest bunch of brainy geeks around, and it's home.

We'll all certainly take that as a collective compliment!

  PS:  (I hope you'll all forgive me for tooting my own horn, but I'm in
       seventh heaven right now.  Please hold off on the hate mail until
       next week...;) )

Toot away!  You DO know that most of us here would have bet LEGO you were
going to get the Fulbright.

Congrats!

Maggie (who will be contacting you next week about the ridiculously low prices
in your BL store that are making other sellers look bad)  ;-)