 Off-Topic / Fun / 9328
9327  |  9329
Subject:
Sharing Good News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:00:43 GMT

   Hi, everyone.

   I don't normally post at this hour, nor am I even awake.  But I just had
   a truly remarkable conversation with the South African chair of the IIE
   Fulbright Committee, which oversees graduate Fulbright program grants
   in-country.

   In short, I'm now a Fulbright scholar.  This just came down the pike not
   an hour ago, and I'm totally swimming over it.  And to give a general idea
   of where LUGNET is on my list of priorities, only emails to my advisors
   and a call to my own mother came before posting this bit of news here.
   In a way, I feel like the continuing intellectual stimulation I get here
   is a huge part of the reason I was able to get the grant--LUGNET is, by
   far, the friendliest bunch of brainy geeks around, and it's home.

   Wow.  And yes, I'll be at BrickFest.  Boy, will I ever.

   best

   LFB (posting to .o-t.fun because it's not *really* LEGO related.)

   PS:  (I hope you'll all forgive me for tooting my own horn, but I'm in
        seventh heaven right now.  Please hold off on the hate mail until
        next week...;) )