 Off-Topic / Fun / 9262 (-20)
  Re: The Matwix

(...) What's complicated about existenz? The whole film was just a game. The cast we're beta testers and jude law and his Gf we're anti-technology so they shot the game designer at the end of the film with normal handguns. Simple! Steve (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) Don't worry, mate. You're not alone in this. I don't get the Matrix either, and I watched the film like *three times* to see if I was missing something. Either I'm not, or I can't honestly see what it is... Speaking of incomprehensible (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Matwix

(...) The matrix is awesome, seriously! I don't exactly get it either, but still I would like to see a Lego version of it! Now that would be awesome! (just imaging some Lego dude dodging bullets! I wonder I somebody could edit a brickfilm of that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Matwix

So...is this supposed to be funny? Clever? What? (URL) never been able to stomach more than a few minutes of The Matrix...I guess I just don't get it. Thought I'd post it here though, since the movie comes up so often on LUGNET, and always with such (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) Fnord. (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) I too went with Main Street (6390), pretty much on impulse. I have one from childhood (okay, it was my sister's, but she said I could have it recently) and remember it fondly. As soon as I saw it listed, I couldn't imagine voting for anything (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) Me too! But only because there were no technic or train choices - at least it has a crane! (...) Hmmm. Maybe I shoulda sold my vote too 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: You get to choose! - POLL

(...) I voted for Main Street because it rocks. However... I am shamelessly willing to sell the votes of my kids (who also have IDs, and will vote what I tell them to vote for, or no more LEGO for them!) for the appropriate offers. :-) FUT o-t.fun (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) Okay, then I'll admit the first several times I heard "segway" (on morning shows I watched while hanging out waiting to give birth to the eleven-pounder) I thought it was just some tv jargon. I didn't associate it with the print word, which I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) (URL) Nice segue. (...) You're very kind to say so, but I'll come clean and admit that the first bunch of times I saw that word in print I wondered what the heck a segg was... Dave! (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A new way for geeks to move around

(...) It was surreal. I read the post here, flipped on the TV, channel surfed and bing! there it was. That funny device could be only one thing. I hope doggy is feeling better. (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: So, you wanna talk strategy….

(...) Yah, your probably right… But like it matters anyway, the thread is going nowhere… (But I think It’s funny [the complete lack of attention] so I'll just continue campaigning until it becomes a success…or until it becomes marginally annoying) ^ (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: Who's going to buy a Lego Computer?

(...) You mean kind of like the cables and plugs of Lego's 12V and 9V systems, these are fully compatible too! :-) Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Purist Question

(...) That's surprising, and happily contrary to my experience with MegaBloks. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but with the exception of a few older transparent elements, I've found the clutch power to be at least as strong as that of the canonical (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Purist Question

(...) I've never even touched a MB. If there was a Purity Test I'd test very high indeed! (...) Hey, we learnt on Sunday that the modelmakers identify the bricks in their drawer units with examples glued to bits of 4-wide cut up grey baseplate stuck (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Purist Question

(...) A very great deal of time, I suspect. LOL. I have zero interest in MB. MB just don't hang together, I was at a friends house (in Mass) who had the big sub model... was helping them build it (to be nice... AFTER making many dispariging remarks) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  What Pre-1985 Video Game Character Am I?

What Pre-1985 Video Game Character Am I? (URL) from an Asteroid .) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Megadeth to suffer mega-death

(...) Hmmm... In my case that would make no difference but imaging not being able to separate bricks or even worse, not being able to attach them! Here's to the temporary (?) death of Megadeth: *headbangs* /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: So, you wanna talk strategy….

(...) You might consider setting FUT to just one of the three groups you posted to... it doesn't seem to fit all three. Just an idea. I've restricted my FUT to just o-t.fun because except in fun, I disagree with the premise that shopping need be (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: So, you wanna talk strategy….

Gee, lets go back and check the flurry of activity in the thread… *WoW* a whole 4 posts…and two of ‘em were mine! (“looks like a dead-thread” you say, well your probably correct, but first allow me to correlate the data and produce a conclusive (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact