 Off-Topic / Fun / 8688
  Re: Fellowship on Film

Here's something I don't understand. WHY would anyone take children under the age of 10 to see this film. First off, it's rated PG-13. Secondly, it's 3 hours long. Finally, the story isn't suitable for younger viewers anymore than the Matrix was. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

(...) My son is ten. The only problem he had was what the other poster mentioned: even though he went to the restroom just before the start of the movie, he had to go midway through (I sent him at the safest point when little would happen onscreen) (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

(...) Sounds like you have a brave little guy. My step-daughter is nearly 6, and her dad let her see a cartoon version of LoTR a few weeks back. She has been unable to sleep through the night due to her terror of the Black Knights. I saw rows of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

(...) Yes... even the book version of the Nazgul gave my daughter nightmares when she first read LOTR aged about 10. I can't see taking a kid younger than that to the movie if they (Nazgul) have been done right. I must say I've been put off going to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

(...) What is your picture of hobbits? Bigger heads? (Rankin/Bass?) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) Shorter, stockier, hairier, less smooth. The guys in the posters look like human teenagers with mutant feet :-). Kevin ---...--- NEW Tank Engine custom train set: (URL) Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship on Film

(...) Aha! You seek hairy minifigs! Or midgets... (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)