 Off-Topic / Fun / 8662 (-5)
  Re: 3 Words For Christmas

leftover turkey ... again! double chocolate gateau the great escape (in the UK this film is on again this Christmas!) the queen's speech (again a UK thing) burnt christmas pudding sitting here at work i have a lot on my mind, but i'm sure i'll come (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lord of the Rings movie

(...) My random thoughts on it below: I just saw this film tonight and I have no significant experience with the material before this, although I may have seen those cartoons from the 80s which did not make that much sense to me then. Offhand, I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  3 Words For Christmas

The UK chain Marks and Spencer is running a TV advertisement right now which asks the viewer which three words sum up Christmas for them (the ad concludes that the viewers’ three words should be "Marks and Spencer"). We had a bit of fun with this (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lord of the Rings movie

After seeing it the second time, I'm starting to glow. I better give it a third chance. The second time through, I notice some evidence of shortened scenes. SPOILER -- NOT A BAD SPOILER -- WATCH FOR THIS In particular, Galadriel's gifts (or rather (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)

(...) Hmm... I can't decide whether I'm hoping this is a joke or whether I'm hoping it's NOT a joke (in which case I'll be requesting the recipe Rosco!). Maggie (who also occasionally gets stumped in the absence of the smiley) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact