 Off-Topic / Fun / 8602 (-5)
  Re: Military Question: Tanks and Motorcycles

(...) The one thing that always pops into my mind when thinking of motorcycles and WW2 is the nazis chasing Indiana Jones and his dad from the Castle in Last Crusade :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Military Question: Tanks and Motorcycles

(...) What's usually the context of the appearance? Usually, IIRC, motorcycles were used by couriers--so they should only appear with armor when the army is on the move, and the entire mechanized force is in transit. Motorcycles would also be used (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Military Question: Tanks and Motorcycles

Hey Y'all: I know almost nothing about the manner and techniques of outfitting an army, and I find that I have no idea where to look for the information except some google searches that didn't yield much of interest. What I want to know is the whys (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LoTR v. Harry Potter

(...) Just read and enjoyed the essay. Now your assignment--right a fictional account of someone trying to explain the plot of LoTR to those tribal elders. :) Aaron D. (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LoTR v. Harry Potter

(...) I had seen that Onion piece earlier, but it didn't really support my argument so I didn't deighn to mention it:) Maybe 10 years from now, Harry Potter will be long forgotten, and I will have egg on my face. Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact