 Off-Topic / Fun / 8534
Re: ?Question for LFB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  I admit I'm not nearly as "up" on the HTEH literature specifically
  about US history--it's not directly relevant to Africa until after
  WWII.  But the title does ring a bell, though I know I've never read
  it.  I work at the Thomas A. Edison Papers project [1] here (part-time),
  so I'll ask one of the editors if they've got an opinion.  *They*
  definitely know the US literature.

I was just playing around. Reingold is secure in Must Be Included status,
and I've got enough US literature to read. And I'm supposed to be reviewing
engineering, not history.

Still:

http://edison.rutgers.edu/taep_history.htm

Reingold, I see, is on the Joseph Henry Project. That explains all the
Joseph Henry material in his book (I didn't even remember Joseph Henry from
the readings...) He was an advisor to your project. Reingold texts were a
firm fixture in the curriculum at RPI, and I see that P. Thomas Carroll, our
History of S&T Professor, is mentioned next to him on that web page too...