 Off-Topic / Fun / 8502
  Re: Faucets

(...) While I certainly normally say faucet, I do use tap occasionally, and what I fill my water bottle with is "tap water" not "faucet water". (...) Never heard this one. (...) I have used all three, though I actually usually mean different things (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Faucets

(...) Also known by the amazing title "spelunkers"; not very commonly used (except among spelunkers!), but made infamous when included by Willie Crowther in his brilliant advent game (the elusive last point in the game is obtained by dropping a copy (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Faucets

(...) IIRC, "spelunker" and "caver" do not refer to precisely the same thing. The contours and qualifiers are different. But, of course, Frank can give you a better litany of the defining factors than I. ;) best LFB (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Faucets

(...) I read an interesting story about Adventure. A woman who was a very big fan of the game got a chance to go caving in the portion of Mamoth Flint Ridge cave that Adventure is set in (the game was originally created as a "map" of the cave, Woods (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)