 Off-Topic / Fun / 8330
Re: Interpretation of history
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:35:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:
With all the talk of historical events in .debate, I thought you might all
appreciate the following interpretations of history. Sorry about the
formatting.

WARNING: Do not read these with food or drink in your mouth, or if you're doing
something that could result in damage or injury to yourself or others!!

History Of The World According To Actual Grade School
Student
Exam Papers!

   This is semi-apocryphal; call it a quasi-UL.  It's been around
   for some time--the addition of numerals before the points is
   the part that's new to me.  (AFAIK, that was added this year.)
   The original is at least 25 years old, and probably older;
   it was originally in an essay form, and apparently was an amalgam
   of many papers edited for maximum effect.  I do know that it
   appeared in one of Richard Lederer's books (I'm pretty sure it
   was "Anguished English", 1988) but it was well-worn even back
   then.

   It does appear a few changes have been made here and there.
   The Donkey Hole thing is new.  All hail the mighty internet,
   where great lore never dies!  ;D

   best

   LFB

   (The historian of history blooper histories)