 Off-Topic / Fun / 8187
Re: New MOC: 8 Wide EMD SW1500
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo writes:
Thats a truely interesting angle Larry. I always thought that Mac's and PC's
weren't REAL computers but, toys for the folks who didn't know how to use real
systems like Unix/Linux  ;)

I'll see your UNIX and raise you S/390... (Can you program in 370/BAL)?

ummm..   yes, I cut my teeth on 360/BAL then went promptly into 370/BAL
and C.

C??? that's not a proper MF language. PL/S (where you get to write your own
I/O)... What, did you work somewhere OTHER than IBM??

Do you remember what a POO was and what you used a green card for ?
(eventually replaced by the yellow card IIRC).

Poo, I forget what POO was....

but my yellow card got pretty tattered from looking things up. I actually
had a laminated one but it didn't work out. I had one I reduced on the
copier so I could keep it in my pocket when I went to meetings.

Please note I am not disparaging C, just running it on 390... I actually
LIKE C, sort of.