 Off-Topic / Fun / 8148
Re: 8.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 02:10:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kirby Warden writes:
Beneath the grey, rainy skies of September 21, 2001; my first-born son
tasted the world for the first time.  Weighing in at an impressive eight
pounds and two ounces, he has the makings of a true-blooded Warden (My
blood-line is filled with large shoulders at great highth, my father and
grandfather and both of my uncles and my three cousins are all six feet or
taller, with myself the exeption as my sister somehow obtained the highth...
at least I was blessed with the shoulders).

His name is Corbin Wayne Warden.  On his third morning, he managed to turn
himself over onto his belly in the nursery... his nurse-maids were quite
impressed (us Wardens have always impressed the ladies).  Moments after his
birth, he opened up his water-works and christened the first nurse-maid to
hold him (us Wardens have always managed to shock the ladies).

Being the true-blooded germanic Warden that I am, I wanted to give Corbin
the meaningful middle name of "Grey Cloud", as he was born under grey clouds
and all... alas, the wife wouldn't have any of it (purhaps it is in the best
interest of the child for me to wisely leave the naming to the mother as I
eventually did).

Whew, thank goodness your wife was lucid enough to veto your suggestion for a
middle name and you were smart enough to listen to her.  I think Corbin Wayne
is a much better choice and will save your son the headache of trying to
explain an unusual name.

Anyway, congratulations to both you and your wife!  It's nice to be hearing
some good news for a change.

Maggie C.

x-posted to .people

Here's hoping for the oppurtunity to raise a child better than I myself was
raised.  Purhaps he will be better moralized than myself.  Purhaps less
fearful/paranoid of his government or the future of his freedom.  He was
born in America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, I hope he
never regrets this luxury, nor takes it for granted.  I hope he learns
humility and meakness so that he never thinks better of himself than he
deserves.  I hope he seeks out the truth, rather than excepting the answers
given him.  I hope he is happier in his life than myself.  I hope I can help
him to achieve these things.  I hope I can be a better example to him than
my father was to me.

Although this post may seem a bit "unfun", I assure you, there is much fun
to having this bundle of joy in my home.  And although the messy diapers are
anything but fun while having to change them, they are asolutely fun to talk
about afterwards.

And let's not forget the "spit-ups" on new shirts...

And the leaky faucets purposely aimed at the face...

...suddenly, it seems good to be me.

Corbin Wayne Warden
September 21, 2001
8Lbs. 2oz.