 Off-Topic / Fun / 8012
Re: Episode II named
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:50:13 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message
news:GHnz0z.A3u@lugnet.com...
To All,

I don't know why, but I keep hearing Steve Taylors song, "I want to be a
clone" now. : )

I don't know why, but that title seems weird to me. Go figure.

Scott S.
--

FUT to fun if you want to know who Steve Taylor is.

I thought I was the only one cultured enough to know about Steve Taylor.
For bonus points, can you name the group that he now uses as his mouthpiece
(i.e. writes most of the songs and does some voice-overs)?  What's your
favorite ST song?  Album?

Is that title a joke?  How about The Clone War?  Clone Assault?  I'm hoping
it's a red herring.  But I would have hoped Jar-Jar was a red herring, too.
I wonder if episode II will be as 1) blatantly stereotypical and/or 2)
juvenile as the first.  Am I the only one who thinks you can entertain
children without having to dumb down your product?  Groening knows that
(Simpsons).  Spielberg knows that (Freakazoid).  The creators of Looney
Toons and Animaniacs knew it?  Why doesn't Lucas know that?

Ugh.

The Original Jesse Long