 Off-Topic / Fun / 798
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:48:41 GMT

Jesse Long wrote in message ...
In a somewhat related incident, I came across a bunch of ants in my
microwave.  Two minutes of high power cooking later, they were still running
around inside.

That's because the edges of the microwave are zero-signal surfaces. Ah,
the wall reflect the microwaves so you get standing waves, and there is
a zero at the wall. As well, most microwaves have hot spots of one sort
or another and the ants might be in a cool spot.

So your ants are not getting the full "benefit" of the oven. Make them
run round on the rotating bits instead.

Also it's mostly the water that gets heated, and ants are not very wet
I think.

Moz
(it's 3am, ok, expect vague)