 Off-Topic / Fun / 7711
Re: A.I.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:49:46 GMT

in article GG51t8.46L@lugnet.com, Jon Palmer wrote:

The ending was very ambitious but I think for the most part it was pulled
off. It seemed to me the type of sequence you encounter in classic sci fi
novels and stories but rarely on the screen. The film could have obviously
ended with the shot pulling back from coney island but that might have been
the easy route.  Also worth noting is that the final coda was Stanley's
original ending in his premise. It was not in fact added to be more
"Spielbergian" like some people think.

That's part of what I liked about the movie as well. I thought it felt very
"Real SF" in comparison to most movies, which are generally dumbed down and
flashed up to make the most money.

Anyway, I liked it too. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--