 Off-Topic / Fun / 741
Re: More religion (sort of) (was Re: More Clinton )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:49:43 GMT

James Brown writes/wrote/has writen:
Mark de Kock writes:

So...if we put YOU in this box and a cup of coffee, there is no way we can
tell wether you drank the coffee or not? [11]

As far as I understand the bos thing, while the state of things inside the box
is not determined, we may assume that universal constants will apply.  So it
can be taken as read that I will drink the coffee. ;)

James

caffeine buzz & Lego - a dangerous combination

But now you just _asume_ you will drink the coffee. What if in the dark you
can not find the cup or you spill the coffee? There are lots of possibilities
possible in which you will not drink it (the nervegas will get to you before
the coffee does, you suffer from claustrophobia and panic, knokking over the
cup, you start to halusinate about TLG decreasing the JR-line[x], etc.)

It's not that I _don't_want_you to drink the coffee, it's just that everyone I
know thinks I'm too filosofical for my own good.

[x] Whoops, not off-topic, sorry