 Off-Topic / Fun / 7170
Re: A Sad Day for Hitchhiker Fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:09:35 GMT

I'll drink a pan-galactic gargleblaster in his memory.  Bummer.

The original radio play is the best version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy.  Adams was fond of reworking it and representing it endlessly, but
the story got invariably weaker as he went along.

I'm still trying to learn how to fall to the earth and miss.

Bruce

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Hi everybody,

  Well, it's a dark day for lovers of tongue-in-cheek fiction:

  http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/front/907860

  Douglas Adams, humorist, dead at 49.  :(  I may just have
  to build some Vogon-themed .space creations in his memory.
  Anyone else have my fond memories of Hitchhiker, or am I
  just a weird bird?

  sadly,

  LFB

  XFUT-> .o-t.fun, though this really isn't all that fun.