 Off-Topic / Fun / 7117
  Re: SCAdians (was: some train thing)

(...) Only if you don't target the people making things political. :) (...) But in the Renaissance, armor and weapons got so much more elegant. Of course, this was largely because the cannon of the king and the arquebus of the common foot soldier (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SCAdians (was: some train thing)

(...) I see people like that at all the time in the SCA; I think the preferred term is "fop" or "dandy." 8^) (...) I have several suits of chain, and SCA people ask if I fight in it. I say, why would I? It offers no impact protection, coupled with (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: SCAdians (was: some train thing)

(...) Around here, we call them "swishy-poke". They call us a variety of more stylish insults, but we heavy fighters are simple folk, with simple insults. ;) (...) That's why I fight in a moving blanket (technical term: gambeson). It's a little (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)