 Off-Topic / Fun / 7078
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:18:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Advent was
actually originally written as just an interractive map, which turned
out to be quite accurate.

I am having a little trouble with this concept...

I keep visualising a 3277 display on a little caver skidplate and a REALLY
long powercord and coax running back to some mainframe somewhere. Which is a
silly image

Other than that, with '70's technology I don't see how an interactive map
would be very useful in the caver environment. :-)

Advent has been ported to the Infocom virtual machine, I'll have to load
it onto my Palm Pilot before going out to the LUGLOLA meeting.

I look forward to it. I'm pretty much a tourist, though, I never solved any
of the hard puzzles.

++Lar