 Off-Topic / Fun / 6529
Re: What's on and off topic( was Re: New ships for Astro Lift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:12:14 GMT

<I realize this is in off-topic.fun, so may not be a serious snipe, but I'll
respond anyway>
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
True, but irrelevant. Study the charters of the various groups to learn what
the groups are for.

Once you veer off topic for a particular group, you should consider redirecting. • <snip>
For example, although the SuperTrain show is vaguely train related, it is
inappropriate to carry out a long conversation about 93 iterations of a
layout design in .trains... that belongs in the ca.nalug group.

Whoops.  I'm guilty of propogating a lack of proper "follow-up to" headers.
Mea Culpa.  I'll endeavour to be more ideally compartmentalized in the future.

Keeping things on topic keeps things organized around here and helps us all
find information in the future without having to search all of LUGNET for
it. and that benefits all of us.

If you don't see the necessity of staying compartmentalised, at least
consider changing the subject line...

If insufficient adherance to compartamentalization irritates you enough to
toss in a snide comment about it a month later, shouldn't you say somthing
about it at the time?

I agree, compartamentalization is good, but don't you think a "hey, this
doesn't really belong in .trains" comment at the time is more effective than
a snide remark a month later?

James