 Off-Topic / Fun / 6472
Re: !!Warning- Pure Speculation!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:14:54 GMT

Lorbaat at eric@nospam.thirteen.net wrote:

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:

The whole purpose of the a 'speculative post is to encourage friendly
disscusion. Unlike one repsonse to this post :-(

Uh, if you mean Mark Sandlin's post... I think he was just having some fun
with
the name "Optrix" being very close to a children's sweetened cereal called
"Trix".  Maybe over in Merrie Olde England you either a) don't have Trix or b)
don't have the same ad campaign, but for folks of a certain age group here in
the States it's *impossible* not to have the phrase "Silly rabbit, Trix are
for
kids!" deeply, deeply ingrained in your psyche, like a horrible horrible
scar[1].  I don't think he meant anything negative or hostile by it, although
he can speak for himself.

<snip>

Yes, I was responding exactly as Eric said. I suppose it makes no sense if
you aren't from the US of A, but my FUT to off-topic.fun shows that I was
kidding anyway.

In any case, I apologize if there were any hurt feelings. It was unintended.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego