 Off-Topic / Fun / 6429
6428  |  6430
Subject:
Newssearch working/Marmite sighting in Northern California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:26:32 GMT

During one of my periodic tests using one of my favorite search words (I have
two-- betcha can't guess what they are!) I was happy to discover that the news
search function is working again (thanks Todd!).

BTW, I spotted Marmite in two Northern California supermarkets (near the Paul
Prudhomme Magical Seasoning blends in both cases).  Curiosity tempted me to buy
a jar, but at $4.95 or $4.99 (depending on store) for 4.4 ounces (125g) I felt
my money was better spent on a 7141 Naboo Fighter found on clearance at Target
for $4.94.

Lest I be accused of committing a gross nasturtium, I have set any follow-ups
strictly to ot-fun.

Maggie C. (yay, now when I do a test search, I'll see one of MY posts there!)