 Off-Topic / Fun / 6382
  Re: Tractor beam?

(...) True, at least you picked good fantasy as your example though. I was just referring to the general public view of SF as scifi/fantasy. (...) So it's just a snob thing. 8-) BTW, I haven't been to a SF con, but I have been to a few Trek cons, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Tractor beam?

(...) Always a pleasure to be of service. ++Lar (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Tractor beam?

(...) The rule I always understood was that a Trek con was a SciFi con and an SF Con was something like Worldcon or Boskone or any of a huge number of cons generally put on by fans and generally concentrating on literary subjects (with a generous (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)