 Off-Topic / Fun / 6243
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:08:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Not to chime in too much this this discussion sounds more like a debate than
off.topic.fun.

It leaked over here when a .debate novice set FUT incorrectly to point here
just because something funny was said. I set the FUT back in my reply, but
of course, once ONE post appears in a group, you always run the risk of
latecomers missing out on the re-redirect... And Chris does have a tendency
to appear a few days behind (as he gets time to post) and mow through dozens
or hundreds of posts, replying to them in the order he reads them and finds
them interesting enough to reply to.

It is not verboten for things in .debate to be funny, in fact humor often
makes a good point, as in this case, (IMHO, since I was the one making the
funny). But it is strongly discouraged for things in .fun to be debatey...

Personally the whole topic is not even really good debate fodder.

FUT admin.general in hope there's some way of dealing with the larger
problem of topic derailment. I'd support a new rule for .debate to prevent
it, were it possible to construct such a rule, which I have my doubts about.

++Lar