 Off-Topic / Fun / 6241
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 18:03:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

The Lehman DOES indwell LUGNetters and I've just proven it to you. Do you
doubt my word? Witness the miracles the Lehman has worked. All those things
I mentioned happened to me, personally, and I have had my Road to Waltham
(1) and am converted. You can't disprove it either, and since it produces
positive effects, bow down now and rejoice, for you are saved. Fear not the
indwelling, for it is nifty.

you haven't proven anything to me.  You've only made assertions
which you can't prove.

Hmmmm.

You have no context for proving anything related to your assertions.
You have no witnesses.

But he does!  I have witnessed all that Lar has experienced!  Witness of Lar's
holy experiences as well as inspiration for LEGO constructions are provided to
me vicariously in my sleep.

In reality, you have nothing that could be used to prove your statements in a
court of law. At a minumum, witnesses are required - and while many belief
systems have them - you do not.

Now he does.

Thus you are on the verge of needing psychological counseling.
You are beginning to sound like many of the Jim Jones folks

He hasn't suggested that you swallow your bricks.

Chris