 Off-Topic / Fun / 607
606  |  608
Subject:
Ten Commandments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 21:02:06 GMT

I *reall* don't like posting off-topic to lugnet.robotics, because of
the heavy traffic and because it's still mostly a mailing list.

Anyway, here are my Ten Commandments for LEGO Purists.  Some of them
wander off a bit, but after "don't use glue, don't cut them up, don't
use Mega-Bloks", what else is there?

1. Thou shalt have no other bricks before LEGO.

2. You shall not make for yourself creations with lesser building
products.  You shall not praise them or publish them on your websites,
for LEGO is worthy of honor above all Toys.

3. You shall not misuse the Cautions and Warnings from Billund, for
Consumer Affairs will not hold anyone guiltless who fries their electric
components, but will show kindness to thousands who love LEGO and keeps
its Commandments.

4. Remember the Instruction Books by keeping them Whole. Allow neither
rip nor tear, and restrain coffee from falling upon the pages, even
during late-night sessions.

5. Honor thy mother and father, so they may buy you LEGO all the days of
thy life.

6. Thou shalt not leave your LEGO kits unopened upon the shelf, nor
shall you endlessly retain completed constructions, but always dismantle
them to use their components in other projects.

7. Thou shalt not use other materials in thy LEGO creations.

8. Thou shalt not raise up thy Dremel against thy bricks, likewise apply
not X-acto knife nor plastic saw to LEGO elements.

9. Thou shalt not glue thy LEGO bricks together.

10. With diligent effort you shall construct each official model at
least one time before sorting the bricks into your bins.

Steve

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:16:13 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (David