 Off-Topic / Fun / 6012
    Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) The cheapest way of shipping a car is by ship, as you might expect, and in fact it's more common than some might think. However, for my car, I was quoted $1150 (I actually priced it, just to see), and it would arrive in six weeks' to two (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO —Frank Filz
   (...) can't. (...) I have no idea of what it cost in 1972, but we did the reverse. We went to Europe for a 5 or 6 week vacation. We took delivery of a VW Squareback at the factory in Germany, drove it around Europe, and then shipped it to the US. I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO —David C. Pyatt
   My uncle did the same thing back in '78 and '80 picking up a diesel Rabbit and diesel Dasher, driving around Europe a few weeks and shipping them back as used cars... Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)