 Off-Topic / Fun / 5942
Re: How many Metroliners is enough?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom McDonald writes:

In a very picky sense, I think the question needed to be further developed. I
didn't quite get the idea implied as being "enough": e.g., "enough to fill
one's closet", "enough to live on from selling them", "enough to run on a
bunch of track", "enough to completely block the sun in Fort Wayne", etc.  :)

While I certainly sympathise with your quest for accuracy,

I wasn't questing to be accurate so much as picky(1), but thanks for the
positive spin  :)  With the presidential debates happening just now, and thus
real detail lacking, I momentarily felt the need for more of it in my life.

I must point out
that you yourself could stand to develop some additional meaning here,
Tommo...

All too true. And you developed your points quite well. With the exception of
the last item, I left plenty of room for additional meaning. Also in a very
real sense, we could all stand to develop some. Moreover, your post was the
most polite way I've heard this year to seemingly maintain such questing in
isolation.(2)

To wit(3)

(snippage certainly added to my wit :)

-Tom McD.
when replying, In a hole in the ground there lived a spamcake.

(1) yet I failed there too
(2) i'll just go sit down over here...
(3) "to wit" said aloud quickly almost sounds like "twit", which is why I
added the snippage to my twit-wit :)