 Off-Topic / Fun / 5864
Re: Paris Auto Show kicks off season!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:15:14 GMT

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, most of these are models that won't
make it to these shores, but I'm a car nut, so I like to look anyway. I'm
looking forward to the near future when we will see the resurgence of the
sports car. The Mustang is stronger than ever, and although GM is killing
the Camaro/Firebird, I would bet you they have something else up their
sleeve (or will re-release them in a new body design). Nissan is bringing
back the 300zx, and Toyota is bringing back the Supra. Mazda plans to
release some kind of successor to the RX-7 in the near future, and the
quality of cars is going up across the board, IMO.

It's a new golden age, I tell ya!

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Mark Herzberg" <carorvan@aol.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:36:41 GMT
Subject: Paris Auto Show kicks off season!

Mondial de L'Automobile in Paris has kicks off 30 September, but the press
intros began today. Paris kicks off the 2001 Auto Show season. Here are some
highlights:

Ferrari F550 brachetta (US sales uncertain at this time)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/f5501.htm

Fiat Dolbo (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/doblo2.htm

Alfa Romeo 147 (Alfa Romeo will be returning to the US, but not with this one)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/1471.htm

BMW Mini Cooper (goes on sale in the US in late 2001/early 2002)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/1471.htm

Ford Mondeo (formerly known in the US as Contour. Not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/mondeo1.htm

Volvo 60-Series (Euro model shown; US model debuts in Miami)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/s601.htm

SEAT Arosa (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/arosa1.htm

Renault Laguna (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/laguna1.htm

Peugoet 206 Convertible Coupe (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/peugeot1.htm

Opel Corsa (not for US sale):
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/corsa1.htm

Mercedes-Benz C-Class hatchback (on sale in US mid-2001)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/cclass1.htm

Volkswagen Passat (one sale US mid-2001)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/passat1.htm

Honda Civic (this is the Euro version. American version debuts in Miami)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/civic1.htm

Those are some of the larger introductions this year in Paris. Next up is
Miami on 6 October. Here is a listing of the upcoming major international auto
shows:

Miami/South Florida International Auto Show: 6/10/00-15/10/00
North Amer./Detroit International Auto Show: 1/01/00-??/01/00
Greater Los Angeles International Auto Show: 6/01/00-14/01/00
Geneva International Motor Show: 1/03/00-11/03/00
Barcelona Motor Show: 1/05/00-??/05.00
Seoul International Motor SHow: 1/05/00-??/05/00

Other major auto shows, of which I do not have exact dates, are Chicago (Feb.)
and New York City (April), the latter which ends the season. Frankfurt and
Tokyo, both bi-annual will return to the stage next year.