 Off-Topic / Fun / 5863
5862  |  5864
Subject:
Paris Auto Show kicks off season!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:36:41 GMT

Mondial de L'Automobile in Paris has kicks off 30 September, but the press
intros began today. Paris kicks off the 2001 Auto Show season. Here are some
highlights:

Ferrari F550 brachetta (US sales uncertain at this time)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/f5501.htm

Fiat Dolbo (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/doblo2.htm

Alfa Romeo 147 (Alfa Romeo will be returning to the US, but not with this one)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/1471.htm

BMW Mini Cooper (goes on sale in the US in late 2001/early 2002)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/1471.htm

Ford Mondeo (formerly known in the US as Contour. Not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/mondeo1.htm

Volvo 60-Series (Euro model shown; US model debuts in Miami)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/s601.htm

SEAT Arosa (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/arosa1.htm

Renault Laguna (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/laguna1.htm

Peugoet 206 Convertible Coupe (not for US sale)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/peugeot1.htm

Opel Corsa (not for US sale):
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/corsa1.htm

Mercedes-Benz C-Class hatchback (on sale in US mid-2001)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/cclass1.htm

Volkswagen Passat (one sale US mid-2001)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/passat1.htm

Honda Civic (this is the Euro version. American version debuts in Miami)
http://www.autonewseurope.com/paris2000/civic1.htm

Those are some of the larger introductions this year in Paris. Next up is
Miami on 6 October. Here is a listing of the upcoming major international auto
shows:

Miami/South Florida International Auto Show: 6/10/00-15/10/00
North Amer./Detroit International Auto Show: 1/01/00-??/01/00
Greater Los Angeles International Auto Show: 6/01/00-14/01/00
Geneva International Motor Show: 1/03/00-11/03/00
Barcelona Motor Show: 1/05/00-??/05.00
Seoul International Motor SHow: 1/05/00-??/05/00

Other major auto shows, of which I do not have exact dates, are Chicago (Feb.)
and New York City (April), the latter which ends the season. Frankfurt and
Tokyo, both bi-annual will return to the stage next year.