 Off-Topic / Fun / 5772
Re: Bricklin Car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:16:24 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Maggie,

    Well, I just got off my dour of duty in the ever hazardous and
adventure ridden Meijer parking lot, but I noticed a strange car. It looked
similar to the Nissan 280 SX, the one before the 300, but it was bright
etallic blue, it had gull top opening doors, and the car plate on the back
said bricklin. I thought it was amusing, since I think about bricks while I
work. Does anyone know this kind of car? Is it a kit car perhaps? Any info
is appreciated, and any directions to a better group would be great also.
Thanks!

It was like the DeLorean in that an individual (Bricklin) started a car
company (mid to late 70's) to produce his own design.  We are just more
likely to know of the DeLorean because it's been immortalized in movies like
Back to the Future (not to mention the notoriety DeLorean achieved through
his legal troubles). A link to a site with pics and info:

http://webus80.wang.com/BI

Maggie C.

All right, so I was not imagining it (It was a long night!) What a cool car
name for LEGO enthusiasts. "Why, yes, even my car is involved in bricks,
it's a Bricklin." Thanks for the info! : )

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!

Scott, spoken like a true "repubrickan"!    :-)

Gary Istok