 General / 21313
Re: Bricklin Car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:33:46 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

To All, (I don't know if this should go into of.topic.fun or not)

    Well, I just got off my dour of duty in the ever hazardous and adventure ridden Meijer parking lot, but I noticed a strange car. It looked similar to the Nissan 280 SX, the one before the 300, but it was bright etallic blue, it had gull top opening doors, and the car plate on the back said bricklin. I thought it was amusing, since I think about bricks while I work. Does anyone know this kind of car? Is it a kit car perhaps? Any info is appreciated, and any directions to a better group would be great also. Thanks!

It was like the DeLorean in that an individual (Bricklin) started a car company (mid to late 70's) to produce his own design.  We are just more likely to know of the DeLorean because it's been immortalized in movies like Back to the Future (not to mention the notoriety DeLorean achieved through his legal troubles). A link to a site with pics and info:

http://webus80.wang.com/BI

Maggie C.