 Off-Topic / Fun / 5683
Re: Double the Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 01:11:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
That sounds really really slick. But why bother? Isn't it way easier to just
give us two buttons than put a bunch of special purpose code in place for that
use? Don't outthink yourself, and don't try to make things foolproof, fools
are too clever. That's my advice... KISS.

Having two buttons (rather than just one) wouldn't solve the problem that it
would solve -- i.e., the problem of accidental double-posting.  Only way AFAIK
to solve that is to embed a unique code into the posting form or to compare
new incoming content with existing content....

--Todd