 Off-Topic / Fun / 5678
Re: Double the Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:09:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
It's the preview mode and my habit of trying to follow the recommendation
and hit back on the browser. Now that there are 2 screens to back through
it's about 4 times easier to forget that you already posted.. you can screw
up by pressing the preview button OR by pressing the "post it" button
whereas before you only had one place to mess up. On a slow net connection
it's easy to forget whether you pressed it or not.

One thing the preview screens makes possible now is putting a special single-
use code into the form -- something that could be a hidden field so that if
the button was clicked twice from that page, the second time it was received,
it could just be ignored...since the whole page is a hidden form anyway.

Aside from a post-without-preview, do you think that would help?

--Todd