 Off-Topic / Fun / 5672
Re: This is the the biggest LEGO lot I have seen online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:50:09 GMT

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

Let's see now seven 40 foot shipping containers worth of LEGO???? • Wonder
how the heck he got that much?  :-)

Would be a LEGO fanatic's wish come true if someone buys all of it off • him!!
;-)

And at $241,428 USD per container that's one heck of a lot of LEGO!! • That
is, if I read that description of the price correctly.

I'm not sure what it all means though.

It means *dig dig* that I'm checking *dig scrape* *dig* my pockets.

Hmmm - wonder if you've got those magical pockets that can take just about
anything up to a mile-wide asteroid?  :-)

Hm, two Vichy francs (long story), a quarter, three pennies, and a whorl • of
vaguely blue lint.  Do you think blue lint is worth $241,487.65?  It *is* • a
one-of-a-kind original.

Send me an ebay sold page stating that price as what someone paid for
aforementioned lint, and we can talk.  But that's about all we'd be able to
do anyway.  <g>

Here's the page copied for dissection by someone who is more experienced
reading stuff like this to have a go at decoding:
<snip city>

Sets that small would have to be like the Defence Archer or somesuch.  And • at
$1.18/set, you can get 'em cheaper if you wait around, and not have • ~170,000
more of the darned things hanging around.  They could be knockoffs • possibly
though?  ShiFtY brand or somesuch?

Who knows, mate?  Although the origin did sound interesting.  I'm not sure
how many clone brands would actually want to set up shop in the home country
of LEGO.  ;-)

Or maybe you could build a turntable igloo.  I don't know!

Hmmm - an igloo that allows you to turn it to whichever side is easiest to
gain access from?  Could have possibilities, mate.  Nobody thought selling
fridges to Eskimos would work, until someone found out they stopped the food
from getting too cold as easily as it normally stopped it from getting too
hot elsewhere.  *dingdingding*  We have a winner!!  :-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde