 Off-Topic / Fun / 5598
Re: This is the the biggest LEGO lot I have seen online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:57:14 GMT

Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

Let's see now seven 40 foot shipping containers worth of LEGO????  Wonder
how the heck he got that much?  :-)

Would be a LEGO fanatic's wish come true if someone buys all of it off him!!
;-)

And at $241,428 USD per container that's one heck of a lot of LEGO!!  That
is, if I read that description of the price correctly.

I'm not sure what it all means though.

It means *dig dig* that I'm checking *dig scrape* *dig* my pockets.

Hm, two Vichy francs (long story), a quarter, three pennies, and a whorl of
vaguely blue lint.  Do you think blue lint is worth $241,487.65?  It *is* a
one-of-a-kind original.

Here's the page copied for dissection by someone who is more experienced
reading stuff like this to have a go at decoding:
<snip city>

Sets that small would have to be like the Defence Archer or somesuch.  And at
$1.18/set, you can get 'em cheaper if you wait around, and not have ~170,000
more of the darned things hanging around.  They could be knockoffs possibly
though?  ShiFtY brand or somesuch?

Or maybe you could build a turntable igloo.  I don't know!

best

LFB