 Off-Topic / Fun / 5512
  Re: New to the area

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes: <snip> (...) Hmm. Well, in a way you're right. But in another way, not exactly. There's a quite common name in hebrew, Aryeh (= lion). A nickname for people named like that is often Arick. Pretty close to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New to the area

(...) When I was Bar Mitvah'ed, we had to come up with a Hebrew version of my name. The best we could do was Aaron. (...) The most common "meaning" for Eric/k/ck I've seen is "Ruler" or "King", and it's always Germanic- usually Norse, in fact. eric (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New to the area

(...) In his autobiography, Ariel Sharon says that was the nickname he had when he was little. I thought that was kind of neat, but just a coincidence. Did you know Effie is a diminutive for Euphigenia? Two yucky names! (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)