 Off-Topic / Fun / 5488
Re: A test! (was Mr. Squibbles)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

(The background is that the issue of grades came up between Gore and
Quayle back in '92, IIRC--Gore was apparently a model student gradewise,
but Quayle went I believe to Yale (how nicely rhyming) and got what he
characterised as a "gentleman's C"...apparently that 'potatoe' was worth
two grades.)

To be completely fair, he probably worked as hard for a Yale C as I did • for my
Mizzou A.

And you have to admit that not everything he said was stupid.  (I mean, I • can't
recall anything off hand, but it must be.)

Well, as a person who read his book, I think he isn't a very slick
politician, but he is a decent person, IMO. He made some mistakes, but
compared to what we have now, I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!