 Off-Topic / Fun / 5374
Re: Bad Films
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:55:52 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> writes:

Everyone is familiar with Plan 9 From Outer Space, that legendary
piece of cinema widely regarded as the worst film of all time.

To maximize the pleasure from viewing "Plan 9 ..." I suggest that you
watch Tim Burton's movie "Ed Wood" first.  That way you will have some
background info about the various parts of the original movie.

BTW, I heared that when cable TV started making it's way into the
American homes, Ed Wood would phone all his friends when "Plan 9 ..."
was viewing and ask them to watch his "masterpiece".  Apparantly he
believed that the movie was highly underrated.  This may very well be
an urban legend, though.

   Anyway, even funnier than the price for "the worst film ever" was
the fact that right next to it was a still-sealed copy of The Blair
Witch Project, selling for $4.99!  Ah, market forces!

:-)

Fredrik