 Off-Topic / Fun / 4908
Re: Purimish fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:54:48 GMT

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:36:45 GMT "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
writes:
Bram Lambrecht wrote in message
I use one of those (48G).  Once you've used Reverse Polish Notation,
you can't ever go back...

So true, though these days I mostly use a non-RPN calculator. I keep
watching for a modestly priced RPN calculator, but it just doesn't
seem like it will ever happen (HP's cheapest calculators aren't RPN).
Of course these days I don't use a calculator for much other than
Hex/Decimal comversion.

I wonder why RPN calculators are so rare...When I was in elementary
school, the only calculator in our house was a RPN HP with a 3-level
stack (but it only displayed the top of the stack) It was bigger than
most modern graphing calculators and had an AC adapter :)
  Depending on your definition of modest, you might be able to get an HP
48G--mine was $75, which is cheaper than a lot of graphing calculators.
It is a bit slow at graphing, though...
--Bram