 Off-Topic / Fun / 4682
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dan Boger writes:

how many SF movies have you seen lately that DIDN'T fail high school
physics, as you say?  I'm at the point now that I don't expect them to
make sense in our universe laws - I just extend my "suspension of
disbelief" to the physics part as well.

:)

Dan

Yeah, I'd have to agree here. I usually suspend my disbelief in regards to
physics when seeing SciFi movies.

OTOH, I felt the movie was just a bit unbalanced. They spent so much time
getting to Mars, and then it was just wrapped up in 20 minutes
with a nice bow on top. I would have liked seeing less of the "Apollo 13"
type stuff, and more of the story behind the aliens.

I wasn't totally disappointed with the movie, but I'm not going to rush to
the video store when it's released.

~Mar