 Off-Topic / Fun / 4675
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:51:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kevin Loch writes:
It might signal a change of policy, where serious scientific evaluation
of the features in Cydonia are undertaken.  I'm not holding my breath.

On the other hand it might be taken to mean that NASA will now do anything to
get funded. I tend to agree with Jerry Pournelle's screed that NASA has outlived
its purpose (each time it holds back private rocketry and space launch.)