 Off-Topic / Fun / 467
466  |  468
Subject:
Piece sorting methods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:29:31 GMT

Terry Keller writes:
Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
Barbara and I sort everything by color, .......
You _must_ be insane.  How do you find anything?

Hmmm...  I guess it is about time to go through a Great Re-Org.  So soon after
a Great Purge of our assembled sets, too.

I was thinking a scheme that almost parallels the LDraw naming scheme:  e.g.
bricks, bricks with studs not on top and brackets, technic bricks, plates,
technic plates, slopes and wedges, hinges and turntables, minifig parts,
minifig accessories, panels, pieces with labels and stickers, wheels and
tires, etc. etc. etc.  (1)

How does everyone else organize their pieces?

Cheers,
- Sproat

(1) The sad thing of it is, is that while I'm thinking of this, I'm forming a
perl script in my head which would use Win32::OLE to build an MS-Access
database of the LDraw parts, showing which drawer I'd put them in, bmps of the
7 basic views, etc. etc. etc.  Being an obsessive-compulsive programmer is
really distracting sometimes.  :-,