 Off-Topic / Fun / 4653
4652  |  4654
Subject:
Mmmmm, Yummy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:50:55 GMT

This sounds Delicous!

Muktuk and Rancid Seal Flippers:

   Muktuk is the outer covering of the whale. It includes the white
   skin, approximately 1-2 inches (2 1/2 - 5cm) thick, plus a thin
   pinkish layer immediately underneath. After taking blocks from the
   whale, leave 2 days hanging to dry. Cut into pieces 6 x 6 inches
   (15x15cm).  Have water ready to boil. Cook untilit tests tender when
   pierced with a fork. Keep in oil in a 45 gallon (206 litre) drum
   after it is cooled. Store in a cool place and you will have muktuk
   all year. Most Inuit prefer to eat muktuk raw, as it has tender-crisp
   texture and tastes like fresh coconut

My dad got this from a mailing list he is on (it was off-topic there).
;)

Jeff
Save the Whales!  I might get hungry later...
ICQ #66153738
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/