 Off-Topic / Fun / 4607
Re: New models from Geneva (Chrysler Sebring, Renault Avantime among many)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:07:16 GMT

I went to the Cleveland Auto Show[1] yesterday--certainly nothing like
the Geneva show, but it was still fun.  Way too many SUV's and trucks for
my taste, but there were still some nice sportscars and sedans.  I was
especially impressed by the Buick LaCrosse[2], which was entirely voice
activated (well, except for the actual driving).  Doors opened from the
center (no pillar), the hood was hinged on the side, a giant sun roof
slid open, and the trunk lid slid upward while a tailgate retracted.
Each seat has an independent DVD player and Internet access (except the
driver).  The driver and front passenger have heads up displays--the
driver chooses the instruments which show on the HUD, the passenger can
choose to project instruments, browse the web, or watch a movie on
his/her HUD.  Now that's a car for long trips! :)
--Bram

1) http://www.cleveland.com/autoshow/
2) http://www.buick.com/home/autoshows/index.html